Your requirements for Fusion will vary depending on the number of users, type of configuration, desired products to implement, security, growth and flexibility.
Offering a number of security features including the ability to have the user only see the data that is appropriate to their location known in the program as a cost center. Fundamentally, the hierarchy of the security is access to the network login, SQL server permissions, and Fusion security levels. Once logged-in Fusion provides a user database with custom settings based on what they can see – It starts with anything from an inactive user through a supervisor. Moreover, we can restrict exactly what the user can see to the menu option level.
As your company grows you increase your staff numbers, increase inventories, and add locations. A sound observance of security will save you small fortunes. Additionally, working within specific cost centers helps keep otherwise daunting inventory control at a manageable echelon.
Enterprise organizations have different requirements than individual shops so we have invested significant sums of money to parse data based on the enterprise location. By your secure login, a user in the LA office would only see data for the LA business unit (or cost center) and a user in the San Diego office would only see data for their operations yet we have the flexibility to display both based on user rules thus improving sub-rentals and inter office transfers of data.
Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, or 2012 R2
- Multi-core processors
- Intel 32-bit or 64-bit OS
- SQL 2008 R2, SQL2012 or SQL 2014 (See more about SQL here)
- or SQL Express with Advanced Services for smaller installations (Download SQL Express)
- or SQL Azure
- ASP.net v.4.5 SP1
- ASP.net v.3.5 SP1
- All recent software updates
- Minimum: 4 GB RAM (may limit performance and some features)
- Recommended: varies by number of users and implemented features
- Common configurations would range from 8 – 32GB of RAM
- Maximum: 8 GB RAM (Foundation), 32 GB RAM (Standard), or 2 TB RAM (Enterprise, Datacenter, and Intel 32- or 64-bit OS)
Disk Space Requirements
- Minimum: 127 GB, varies upon installation
- Computers with more than 16 GB of RAM require more disk space for paging and dump files.
Mobile and Web Products (subject to change)
- IIS 7 or greater
- ASP.net v.4.5 SP1
- MVC 4.0
- Keyboard and mouse
- Internet access
- A good back-up system
- Ask our network team for the latest configurations
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or greater (Download the 8.1 update here)
- Please Note – Windows 10 Preview is being tested regularly
- ASP.net v.4.5 SP1 (Download it here)
- ASP.net v.3.5 SP1 (Download it here)
- Report Viewer 2012 (Download it here)
- All software and security updates for your local machines
Choose from several desktop options:
Local Fusion™ Desktop
With Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, simply install the client files on your PC and connect to our private cloud where your database resides. This is not a browser approach rather a nice rich client installation like you experience with Office products.
Our most common implementation we use Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Client connect to our data center and your users have a completely hosted desktop. With a complete desktop you can run your business with inexpensive thin-clients at each desk. Connect with your Windows or Mac computer! (Make sure you download the latest Mac RDC update!)
Fusion™ Web Services
This system is designed for smaller numbers of users where Fusion™ resides on your desktops but the data is running and protected at our data center.
With this investment we can offer complete hosted servers. We image your existing server and move it to our data center. Thus this approach eliminates the hardware, software and infrastructure expenses for new equipment. Your existing environment is transformed to a faster and redundant environment.
We offer solutions using SQL Azure as well as other Azure Cloud Services. These solutions are new for 2015, very powerful and flexible however the pricing is based on the options you chose to implement, the size of your database and possibly the amount of connection time required.
In its most simplistic definition the thing we all hear about called the Cloud is using a network of remote servers hosted on the Internet at a remote site to storing, managing, and processing data. This is opposed to the traditional Local Area Network (LAN) where the storing, managing, and processing of data takes place locally. Cloud computing is unique in that it involves delivering hosted services which can be a complete desktop over the Internet.
Synergy Internationals cloud solution is wonderful as it is elastic – you can add users and Fusion™ options with no investment from your organization. A user needs nothing but a personal computer and Internet access.
We employ significant innovations in virtualization and the distributed computing concept. This as well as improved vastly improved access to high-speed Internet coupled with the weak economy have accelerated the interest in cloud computing and in our data center model.
Fusion™ as a Software as a Service is a wonderful way to get automated or updated with a notable reduction in your IT needs and investment.
- iPad to connect to the Data Center using WYSE PocketCloud or Microsoft’s RDP app
- Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Pro tablet with either:
- a Fusion web service connection
- a Azure Cloud connection
- or a remote desktop connection
- Windows RT tablet with built-in remote desktop connection software